Aug 10, 2010

Alabama Motocross Photography

     This summer I've had the chance to shoot some Alabama amateur motocross races. Everyone who knows me knows that I love riding bikes (and that I haven't been able to in a while). So any chance I get to hang out at a track is like Christmas for me. My poor dirty camera gear might not feel the same but I don't much care.
      Its a different challenge to shoot MX because of the times of day that you have to shoot during. Its almost guaranteed that you will spend a few hours shooting in the bright, direct, straight up in the sky sun. Highlights are harsh and shadows disappear. This is exaggerated by the fact that shooting in JPEG mode is preferable for shooting thousands of photos in a few hours to save hard drive space and to keep from hitting the camera buffer and missing "the shot".

    Here are some shots from the last race I attended.

Prints from the races are available in the recent shoots section of my site.   RECENT
I'm looking forward to shooting at the AMPMX August Classic this weekend. Come out for some great racing. Feel free to comment with any questions

No comments: