Aug 31, 2010

Win Some Lose Some

So after a great day of second shooting at a wedding Saturday, I stayed up literally all night getting all gear ready to go for shooting/on site printing at the Challenger's Cup at Millcreek MX Park. It started steadily raining about 4am and never let up. At 6am Sunday, I packed up and headed out in spite of the rain hoping for the rain to stop and the race to go on as scheduled. Since Millcreek is only a few minutes from home I wasn't very worried about possibly having to turn around and head back home.

ChallengerRain
Bummed out folks seeking shelter at the concession building.
Kozad
Kevin Cozadd
When I got to the track it was pretty soggy from all the rain and no sign of getting any better. After wrapping my D90 with a 18-200 lens up in a plastic walmart bag I ran for cover in the stands where Kevin Kozad of MXers For Jesus was getting ready to have church with a bunch of sleepy looking muddy riders. If for nothing else I got to listen to Kevin's sermon and have church in the mud. I didn't get many photos, but I kicked the D90 into video and got Kevin's message below. Its shaky but the audio isn't too bad.

Only a couple minutes after the service, the track owner came out and announced that he was calling the race due to the weather and condition of the track. Not much you can do to control mother nature. Many riders had come from neighboring states to race. I loaded up, headed home, and slept the rest of the day :) Maybe I'll have better luck next week.


No comments: