Dec 1, 2011

My name is Steven and I'm a camera addict

 I admit it, I can't stop myself from buying every cool old camera I find in thrift stores, pawn shops, or on craigslist.

  It may be a fad that will die out in a couple years to love the washed out colors and grainy low contrast images of old polaroids and plastic lens cameras. I don't care though, because a good image is a good image regardless of format. I've had a lot of fun shooting with some of my plastic lens 35mm  cameras that I've found here and there for less than a dollar each. It's a more fun way to get into low-fi photography (or lomography or holgagraphy or whatever you call it) to spend 35 cents on a plastic camera and shoot a roll than to buy a new "retro" camera for $50. You never know what you've got, and you never know what to expect from the negatives until you see them.

These are two more I picked up tonight at a thrift store. The polaroid was a quarter and the little "Kan Kon" was ninety nine cents. Of course feeding them will cost more, but its all for fun anyway. I'm wanting to do a few polaroid albums for portrait sessions. That's definitely something not all your friends get when they get their portrait made.


No comments: